Summer is here! The 90+ degree days have started which means the beach is calling your name! But wait, you've been trying to get your body ready for that bikini but you haven't really seen any success.
Now you think it's too late to try and get the body you want and feel comfortable in your bikini. Not to worry! Trying the ketogenic diet is a surefire way to jump start your results and still get into the bikini you want by the end of the summer!
Here are 10 reasons why you should try the ketogenic diet
1. It straight up works - That's right. Whether you've heard of keto before or you've been skeptical, the ketogenic diet gets results, and many times, fast. When you eat a well-formulated ketogenic diet, your body becomes efficient at burning fat - whether it be body fat or dietary. What does that mean? Well for one, you can easily burn your stored body fat effortlessly. That is exactly what you want to get summer body ready!
2. You will lose the bloat - Carbs allow our body hold onto water. When we eat certain foods, mainly carby types, your body will hold onto any excess water which will make you look and feel bloated. No one likes that feeling, and keto will change that.
3. Your energy will sky rocket - The beauty of running off of your stored body fat and ketones is that there is almost an endless amount of energy. Instead of running off of the 2,000 calories we can store as sugar, we have anywhere from 40,000+ calories ready to use in our belly, hips, thighs, and everywhere else around our body. That means, whether you're trying to keep up with your kids or have enough energy to spend a day gardening and then going out to eat, you will finally be able to do it without feeling dead or exhausted!
4. Less hunger - Another beautiful thing of eating a ketogenic diet is that you will just not feel hungry.. Many of these benefits are all related and interlocked. As I mentioned earlier, because you are running off of your own fats, you have endless calories to use. That, along with the ketones you produce have a natural appetite suppressing effect on your body. Many people even forget to eat because they never get hungry. You are also focusing on more satiating foods that contain more protein and fats. Both protein and fat take longer for your body to digest and metabolize which means you will stay fuller for a longer time. So if you're trying to decrease your total caloric intake, this is the perfect scenario.
5. It's delicious - The foods you can eat are the definition of delicious ribeyes, ribs, bacon, using butter and salt to cook, wings, etc. Here's a secret you may not know - fat is what makes food taste delicious. That's why plain low fat yogurts taste like crap, they take out all the good stuff! You can enjoy all the BBQs and get togethers you go to by simply skipping the buns for those hamburgers or hotdogs. Now this doesn't mean you can chug all the butter and oil you want as calories still matter; however, if you keep your carbs low, you will be able to eat them with little to no worry.
6. It's simple- You might read that and think I'm crazy, but this is the simplest diet you can possibly do. Stick to proteins and low starch/carb veggies and skip the other starchy carbs. It's that simple. In other ways of eating, you can look at certain carby foods and think, "Can I fit that into my diet," or "Well if I have this, I can't have that later." You don't have to worry about any of that. If you look at something carby like pasta or bread, you already know you can't have it. Many studies show that if you just stick to the proteins and veggies, not counting anything, and leaving the carbs out, you will lose weight effortlessly. Eliminating an entire macro/food group may not feel like the easiest thing, but I assure you, it is the simplest and it does become easy!
7. No more brain fog - Ketones are your brains preferred fuel source. When we are constantly eating carbs, we can't ever start to produce ketones. When you flip the switch and utilize these ketones as energy, you will be thinking clearly for the first time in years! There will be no more brain fog and you'll have mental clarity like never before. This means everything will improve: your work, your conversations, and even your relationships simply because you can think clearly.
8. No mood swings - Without the carbs, your blood sugar levels stay even all day every day. That means no more mood swings! Woohoo! When you eat sugar and carbs, your blood sugars come up, insulin comes and does its job, and your levels come crashing down. When they become super low again, your brain sends a signal that it needs food now! When it doesn't get it immediately, that's when your mood can go from happy to hangry and cranky, I'm sure your family and friends will love to be around you more when you're not hangry and cranky after you haven't had your next bite of food.
9. Nothing has worked for you in the past - Most likely, if you're reading this, you've probably tried all of the diets under the sun and nothing has really worked before. That's because other diets set you up for failure. Simply lowering your calories isn't enough. As soon as you raise them again, the weight comes right back plus 5 lbs. Why is that? Well one reason is that you're not teaching your body to utilize its fat (read #1)! If you've tried everything else and nothing has worked, you NEED to give keto a shot and see what true results look and feel like.
10. You're sick and tired of feeling sick and tired - On top of all the weight loss victories you'll achieve on this diet, you will benefit from twice as many health benefits! Your cholesterol will improve along with your other blood work, your blood pressure will drop, you will feed your brain and heart the energy source it loves (ketones), your aches and pains will go away, your inflammation levels decrease. Your body will finally start to run and perform the way we as humans are designed to and you will feel absolutely amazing!
So hopefully this quick 10 reasons why you should start keto has at least made you more curious about starting to cut those pesky carbs out out of your life. I can guarantee, you won't regret it when you do!
If you need help starting a ketogenic diet and don't know where to begin, reach out and I will definitely help guide you to results.
P.S Look at this steak. Doesn't it look good? The good news is, you can eat it and not worry about a thing :)